The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Concerned about Battlestar (Spoilers Perhaps)

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #91666  by Imakeholesinu
 Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:44 pm
I'm a little concerned about Battlestar Galactica this season. Granted I saw only last weekend's episode of the second season, but I'm starting to think this series just took a 180. It seems almost the writers used everything they had in the first season and now the second season is kinda going through the sophmore jinx so to speak. The lines that are being delievered are almost, bland and flat. As an example Adama's confrontation with the pregnant Boomer and what he says before the commercial break is weak and almost laughable. They are really, REALLY reaching it seems for new ideas that just aren't there. Also, the continuing story of Gaius and number 6 who is now saying she is just a figment of his imagination has really only led me to one conclusion and that is that Gaius could be a Cylon and not even know it. Quite frankly, I think that this season will not live up to the precident that the first season and the mini-series set last year.

A couple plot elements that need to be played out a little more. Zarik's role as a political player and influence needs to be more involved in moving not only his own motive but his motive for what he thinks the people should do. I want to see more of the power struggle with the politics. Secondly, I want to see more of the crisis' among the fleet. Food, water, fuel, the fuel one being a great episode. Perhaps even maybe the fleet runs into actual people who will help their numbers? Combat scenes would be welcome as well. The space scenes are done so well. It almost seems like though, to me, that Battlestar is going the way of Stargate, and I really don't like stargate all that much and I would hate to see it go that way.

#91671  by Tortolia
 Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:40 pm
You kidding? Season 2 is going great.

#91675  by SineSwiper
 Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:06 pm
Gaius's lover has been playing mind games since the beginning. The "figment of his imagination" was an attempt to break him down again, since he was being defiant. Fortunately, it didn't last long, because he's generally embarassing to watch when he visibly appears to be schizophrenic to the rest of the crew. I think that they still have a "chip" inside of him, just not something that would be detected by a brain scan. (Biological chip maybe.)

Anyway, I'm with Tort: what the hell are you talking about? It's great so far.

#91679  by Manshoon
 Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:59 pm
I'll third that motion. I got no complaints with season 2 so far.