The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Hercules Legendary Journies Season 1

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #93620  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:05 am
Well, it is on sale, I saw it for quite cheap today. If you even liked the series, then I highly recommend getting this season, it is the best season of the Hercules/Xena world, by far. First of all, it has the four original Hercules Movies that are each about two hours or so long; these are all better than any of regular episodes, and they follow the actual stories written of Hercules by the Greeks.

In season 1, there are also the best episodes of the regular Hercules/Xena series (in my opinion):

The Warrior Princess
The Vanishing Dead
The Gauntlet
Unchained Heart

They deal with a mini-plot involving Ares and Xena.

Anyways, I saw the set on for $18.99 at Futureshop, and they had a lot of them set up, if you're interested in getting the set, I do believe that now is probably the best time to do so.

Season 6 was there for 40 dollars (it is more like half a season though, they ended the series off here, the series finale should have been the episode where he took Hera and threw her into Tartaras; however they decided to have it instead about Ares's son freeing the Titans who go and wage an Apoclayptic war against Olympus. Season 4 and 5 are still on for $100 with season 2 and 3 both being fairly cheap (in the 40's I think). Anyways, there are a lot of DVDs on sale now for really cheap. Including the Naked Gun Boxed set for only $12.99.

#93625  by Eric
 Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:39 am
I personally liked the Arc where his best friend turned evil. Good stuff.

I thought the guy that originally played Ares was a wuss.

And the guy that got later rocked(even if he was goofy at times).

RIP Ares, actor who played him died ;(

#93636  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:07 pm
Heh, Ares kicked ass later on. As for the goofier roles those are probably the episodes which were directed by Bruce Campbell (he likes those kinds of characters). Bruce Campbell even directed a few of the episodes in Hercules Season 1.

Ares hasn't really appeared in a human form yet, he has possessed people though. I also think that he possesses one of Xena's Generals in the two hour long season finale episodes.

And the guy who played Ares was Kevin Smith (not the Jay and Silent Bob one), he died on set by falling about 40 feet onto his head.