The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Destiny

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #169724  by ManaMan
 Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:46 am
Anyone playing this? I just bought an XBox one (better late than never) and picked this up (along with Fallout 4).

Played through the first level last night. Pretty fun. Just finished Fallout: New Vegas so it's challenging to switch from the VATS targeting & HP mindset to the normal shooter mindset.

I'll post my XBox Live username in the appropriate thread.
 #169732  by kali o.
 Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:27 pm
Curious why you went XB this gen -- what sold you on it? (I went ps4, due to pre-launch dumbness from Microsoft and don't see a point in owning both).

Fallout 4 is still VATS, so I am not sure what you mean. It's pretty much essential for melee builds. Extremely helpful for sniper builds (unless you are supremely overpowered in perma sneak or playing on easy). I haven't played a pistol or big gun build, but I imagine VATS would still serve a role.

I heard XB1 has good mod support for Fallout (unlike the PS4), so if that's what sold you on the console -- I get it. Sony fucked everyone over on that front.
 #169733  by ManaMan
 Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:22 am
kali o. wrote:Curious why you went XB this gen -- what sold you on it? (I went ps4, due to pre-launch dumbness from Microsoft and don't see a point in owning both).
I have some friends in the local area who are really into online play on XBox Live (especially Destiny). I was going to buy a new system and they eventually nagged me enough that I went the XB route instead of PS4. XBO has all of the games I really wanted: Fallout 4, FF XV, & Destiny. So far I'm really enjoying it.
kali o. wrote:Fallout 4 is still VATS, so I am not sure what you mean.
My wording was odd. I was talking about playing Destiny there. All I've been playing shooter-wise recently has been Fallout 3 & NV so it was a bit strange to go to a Halo-style shooter interface without VATS or HP.
 #169734  by kali o.
 Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:49 pm
ManaMan wrote:My wording was odd.
I clearly just read it wrong...had Fallout on the brain for some reason and tuned out Destiny.
 #169738  by ManaMan
 Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:09 pm
Does anyone else play Destiny? So far I've played a couple of missions in the main plot line and I've enjoyed it but I hear that the online multiplayer missions are where it's at.