The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild backstory analysis

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #169691  by Julius Seeker
 Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:28 am
When Reggie was showing off the Sheikah map that comes with the collectors edition, he inadvertently leaked the backstory, which was shown on the back. These guys at Commonwealth realm were Ble to deduce the rest by cross referencing with the trailer footage. Very good video, this Zelda game looks like it will finally topple Ocarina of Time from the throne.

I can't exactly place where it fits on the timeline, but I have two guesses at that: first, it looks like it is somewhat of a retelling of Link to the Past, or a parallel story to it. Except the War of the Sealing didn't go nearly as well as it should have.

My second guess, which I like better, is a retelling of Zelda 1 or 2. Since at some point between Link to the Past, the Sheikah returned to prominence prior to those games, and the world was destroyed. Another reason why I like the Zelda 1 theory is because there have been other links drawn between these two games: the cold start, views matching Zelda 1 official art, etc...
 #169780  by Julius Seeker
 Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:50 pm
GODAMMIT! It's XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X that I want an expansion for :P

Either way, I'll be looking forward to this. The Mario Kart 8 expansion was one of the best things Nintendo ever did. I know they expanded Smash Bros a lot too, but that game is not really my thing.
 #169808  by Eric
 Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:07 am
4 days away, I don't think there's any possibility I'll finish Horizon: Zero Dawn before Friday gets here, fortunately the Switch is portable, so it's gonna be at work with me next week! :azn: :azn: