The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Breaking Bad

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #133803  by Blotus
 Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:34 pm
Show about a high school chemistry teacher with lung cancer who needs money for his family so he starts cooking up meth with a former student. Stars Bryan Cranston, the dad from Malcolm in the Middle.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903747/

#133824  by Flip
 Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:56 pm
Weeds?

#133831  by Shrinweck
 Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:11 am
No. Absolutely nothing like Weeds. The show is brilliant and a lot of the main focus of the story is how the main character is dealing with his probable death. If memory serves, the first season got cut short because of the writers strike and I'm so glad it's back on.

Some of the draw is how he uses his chemistry education to get himself out of certain situations. I was worried it was going to become a huge gimmick but they throw just enough of it in there to show you that he's clever, not to make it a "Here's the chemistry trick of the week!" show.

Also this show is totally bad ass at times. I was planning on shaving my head for the summer last year but when he did it in the show I pretty much did it that night. Dorky, I know.

To add, I did not also grow a mustache.

#133947  by Blotus
 Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:48 pm
Let it be known, Shin has good taste in TV.