The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• A potential explanation of the plot of "Lost"

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#136445  by Zeus
 Fri May 15, 2009 10:41 am
That so reflects my thoughts on the show

#136449  by Lox
 Fri May 15, 2009 11:16 am
Zeus wrote:That so reflects my thoughts on the show
Man, you have no idea what you are missing. The past 2 seasons have been incredible.

#136465  by Zeus
 Fri May 15, 2009 4:53 pm
Lox wrote:
Zeus wrote:That so reflects my thoughts on the show
Man, you have no idea what you are missing. The past 2 seasons have been incredible.
24 episodes I watched. I gave it a solid, solid chance, much more than most give to any show (have you seen Veronica Mars yet? :-). I honestly couldn't deal with it anymore

#136479  by Tessian
 Fri May 15, 2009 6:07 pm
I've watched most of this season... and like 6 episodes from Season 1, lol. My gf got me into it back in February when we started dating cause it's her fav show, so I'm also slowly watching the original episodes; it's like watching 2 different shows.

All the stuff with time travel and the "immortals" or whomever is pretty trippy...

#136498  by Shrinweck
 Sat May 16, 2009 12:05 am
The first season had a whole lot of potential, so if you watch it and don't like the show you probably won't like the series. The next couple seasons completely shit on said potential. The last two have been good in that the writers have gotten their shit together and put together what they could and the result is damned fine.

Also Veronica Mars fucking rules.

#136500  by SineSwiper
 Sat May 16, 2009 12:22 am
Shrinweck wrote:The first season had a whole lot of potential, so if you watch it and don't like the show you probably won't like the series. The next couple seasons completely shit on said potential. The last two have been good in that the writers have gotten their shit together and put together what they could and the result is damned fine.
This is what happens when you write shows from the School of Make Shit Up As You Go Along.

#136521  by Chris
 Sat May 16, 2009 12:14 pm
Shrinweck wrote:The first season had a whole lot of potential, so if you watch it and don't like the show you probably won't like the series. The next couple seasons completely shit on said potential. The last two have been good in that the writers have gotten their shit together and put together what they could and the result is damned fine.

Also Veronica Mars fucking rules.
it isn't that. it's that they hired new and better writers for the writing staff which helped.

#136528  by Lox
 Sat May 16, 2009 1:33 pm
I think picking an end date helped. It forced them to decide where they wanted the story to go and to only introduce plot threads that they could wrap up in that amount of time.

#136537  by Mental
 Sat May 16, 2009 5:40 pm
Thus avoiding "Robert Jordan syndrome"!

#136545  by Chris
 Sat May 16, 2009 9:28 pm
Lox wrote:I think picking an end date helped. It forced them to decide where they wanted the story to go and to only introduce plot threads that they could wrap up in that amount of time.
I still give credit to BK V. His statues as being a writing jesus and makeing everything 10x more awesome than it should be seems to help....