The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Ed Norton's replacement for the Hulk is Mark Ruffalo

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #147852  by Zeus
 Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:21 pm
I really don't get it.

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment ... 23301.html

That's two weird replacements in 5 movies for Marvel. Was Norton that bad that they needed to replace him? Apparently, he and the director didn't have nearly the troubles being reported, so why do it? They want to save that extra mil or something?
 #147853  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:23 pm
Well, that's 3 Hulks in 3 Hulk movies.
 #147854  by Kupek
 Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:24 pm
It's possible that Norton did something similar to what Michael Keaton did after the second Batman movie: asked for an amount he knew they would say no to as a way to decline the role without actually declining it.
 #147856  by Zeus
 Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:27 pm
Kupek wrote:It's possible that Norton did something similar to what Michael Keaton did after the second Batman movie: asked for an amount he knew they would say no to as a way to decline the role without actually declining it.
Doesn't seem to be a money issue, at least not from any reports that have come out from either side. And if you read Norton's response to the announcement he wasn't coming back, he was practically saying "man, I want to do it, they just won't let me. And please don't get your hate on, it's the Hulk, love him like you always do". It's not related to any lack of desire on his part.

Kinda like with Cheadle replacing Howard, it really seems to be more of an artistic decision. And just like that one, it's baffling to say the least considering the actor they're kicking out did a pretty solid job in the role.
 #147861  by Kupek
 Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:52 pm
Woah woah woah. We missed the most important part:
Also confirmed at Comic-Con International was Marvel's other much-publicized secret: its team-up extravaganza will be written and directed by Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon
Yes, please.
 #147862  by Lox
 Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:36 pm
Kupek wrote:Woah woah woah. We missed the most important part:
Also confirmed at Comic-Con International was Marvel's other much-publicized secret: its team-up extravaganza will be written and directed by Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon
Yes, please.
I had heard that as rumor a while ago and hadn't heard any other rumors to counter it so I was living like it was fact. And, yes, I agree. :)
 #147866  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:16 pm
Hmmm, I glossed over that. So, the next Hulk movie will be written by Joss?
 #147867  by Lox
 Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:20 pm
SineSwiper wrote:Hmmm, I glossed over that. So, the next Hulk movie will be written by Joss?
Are there even plans for a new Hulk? I hadn't heard about one.
 #147870  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:29 pm
Lox wrote:
SineSwiper wrote:Hmmm, I glossed over that. So, the next Hulk movie will be written by Joss?
Funny. But, seriously, the article jumped around a bit until I re-read it. So, we're talking about an Avenger's movie. This whole time, I thought we were talking about another Hulk movie.
 #147873  by Zeus
 Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:49 pm
SineSwiper wrote:
Lox wrote:
Funny. But, seriously, the article jumped around a bit until I re-read it. So, we're talking about an Avenger's movie. This whole time, I thought we were talking about another Hulk movie.
Wheadon is directing with Abrams (ugh) producing. I guess Favreau didn't get to do it like he wanted to.

The second Hulk film unfortunately has never really been talked about seriously. I have no idea why, it did good sales ($263M worldwide isn't that bad) and and had solid reviews.
 #147875  by Lox
 Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:15 pm
SineSwiper wrote:
Lox wrote:
I was serious! I thought maybe you had heard something I hadn't.

I think another Hulk would have been great.
 #147879  by SineSwiper
 Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:21 am
Frankly, I'd prefer an Avengers movie to another Hulk movie. I tend to favor the multi-superhero movie.