The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Brother Bear is Disney going back to its roots (family-friendly with light humour and hand-drawn, as opposed to Treasure Planet or Emporer's New Groove). Anyone think it's actually gonna suceed like they did? Anyone going to see it?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #56605  by Zeus
 Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:43 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Brother Bear is Disney going back to its roots (family-friendly with light humour and hand-drawn, as opposed to Treasure Planet or Emporer's New Groove). Anyone think it's actually gonna suceed like they did? Anyone going to see it?</div>

#56607  by Derithian
 Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:00 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>With Bob and Doug as moose. I'll go see it just cause a frind of mine works at the theatre and it's free.</div>

#56609  by Eric
 Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:52 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>As much as I enjoy Disney movies, I'm not looking forward to this one. However it's Disney so it'll net more if not the same then Peter Pan 2.</div>

#56610  by Zeus
 Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:42 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Oh, it better net more than Peter Pan 2 or Disney will never do one like that again. I just don't know if old-style Disney will work with today's kids..it's been a while since we had one in this style not from Pixar</div>

#56612  by SineSwiper
 Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:53 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>In related news, Pixar doesn't have long before its contract ends.</div>

#56618  by Flip
 Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:56 am
<div style='font: 12pt "Cooper Black"; text-align: left; '>Isnt it safe to assume that they would continue to work with one another? They've made each other bazillions of dollars.</div>

#56619  by Zeus
 Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:14 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Disney's distribution and marketing is unsurpassed by no one, but Pixar wants more power. If Dreamworks gets into the picture, they could command even more from Disney, but I doubt they'll leave.</div>

#56620  by Zeus
 Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:17 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Disney's distribution and marketing is unsurpassed, but Pixar wants more power. If Dreamworks gets into the picture, they could command even more from Disney, but I doubt they'll leave.</div>