The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• I saw Anchorman on Tuesday. It's better than the reviews give it credit for, like a pretty good SNL-type movie. Good, but not for full price

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #59886  by Zeus
 Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:02 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I saw Anchorman on Tuesday. It's better than the reviews give it credit for, like a pretty good SNL-type movie. Good, but not for full price</div>

#59887  by Gentz
 Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:42 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>I thought it was hilarious. "There was a man on a horse - and I killed him with a trident!"</div>

#59891  by SineSwiper
 Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:21 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>That didn't sound funny. Is it funnier when Wil says it?</div>

#59897  by Tessian
 Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:00 am
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>It has its good moments, and then there are some REALLY idiotic moments like the ending with the bears</div>

#59898  by Tessian
 Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:00 am
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>Will doesn't say it, the Weatherman (ex Daily Show guy) does. And it's a lot funnier in context after seeing the preceding scene</div>

#59919  by Gentz
 Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:28 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Haha. You didn't see the movie and you failed to find that random and out-of-context quote funny? (it was Steve Carell, btw, not Will Ferrel)</div>

#59928  by Zeus
 Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:41 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>True, some lame, formulaic moments, but all SNL skit-films are like that. Considering Ferrell co-wrote this, it's not surprising it's a lot like one of those films</div>

#59937  by Gentz
 Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:54 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>I'd hardly call that part with the bears formulaic. Tessian just hates anything that contends with his conservative notions of how the world should work : )</div>

#59940  by SineSwiper
 Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:35 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Man, throwing in political slander, even in a movie discussion about a totally-unrelated movie.</div>
 #59943  by Tessian
 Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:32 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>I thought some parts were horribly stupid. The one that sticks out a LOT is the end with the dog and the bear, that was soooo dumb it made my head hurt. Pleasure Town was also really dumb. But I did thoroughly enjoy the big rumble with the news stations. I didn't know Ben Stiller was in it :P Very funny with the trident</div>
 #59948  by Zeus
 Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:07 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Her getting in trouble going for the big story that he was supposed to be going for after getting him kicked off of the station (and feeling regretful about it) and then his boss being forced to bring him back and him sacrificing the big story in order to save the woman he still loves even after all she did to him is EXTREMELY formulaic.</div>

#59949  by Zeus
 Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:08 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Now that the old guy is gone (yet still lurking) we gotta pick on the only outward conservative left :-)</div>

#59952  by Eric
 Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:30 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Well at least you don't talk about how all of humanity should be killed except for the elite anymore. lol.</div>

#59954  by SineSwiper
 Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:26 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>What? You mean Flip, Stephen, and Tessian?</div>