The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• MGS movie rights reportedly in discussion

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #93687  by Nev
 Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:05 am
I don't have a source on this, unfortunately; it just comes to me via word-of-mouth from friends.

However, Uwe Boll's Wikipedia entry states that he is currently in a bidding war for the rights, among other movies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_boll

That would be the worst thing to happen to game movies in a long time, I think. The original MGS had one of the best plots so far in a game, I thought, and I believe the movie could be amazing in the right hands.

#93697  by SineSwiper
 Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:45 am
Hideo Kojima likely won't allow it without being a serious part of it.

#93704  by Nev
 Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:17 am
Hmmm, I hope so. I have a feeling he'd get unhappy with Herr Boll very fast.

#93710  by Zeus
 Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:30 am
SineSwiper wrote:Hideo Kojima likely won't allow it without being a serious part of it.
I think that's Konami in general. They took a more hands-on approach with Silent Hill and they might be with Castlevania as well (not sure), so I hope to hell they do with MGS. The games already feel like movies, they don't have to do much for a movie. Just let Kojima write it and someone who's not going to screw it up (ie. NOT Uwe Boll) direct it.

#93720  by SineSwiper
 Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:09 pm
Why can't please just learn the fucking lessons of Sin City? All you need to do is to STICK WITH THE FUCKING STORY, and get the man who CREATED THE GODDAMN THING to direct!