The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• If you're still into Rock music, you might want to check out Melissa Auf Der Maur; I liked her live performance way better than Hole's or Smashing Pumpkins *her two previous bands*. Anyways...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #61464  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:30 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Her live performance sounds a lot like A Perfect Circle or Tool, amazing sounds; she really knows how to put on a show. She's intelligent as well, I had a good chat with her about politics (which she had a lot to say about) and music in general (without mentioning Pumpkins or Courtney, it actually didn't even occur to me to mention them since I wasn't really interested). I think the favourite part of the discussion was when she went off on her poetic theory; metrical build and such; we were discussing lyrics at the time. The band limblifter was also there, and I actually thought they were roadies until I heard them play. Matthew Good was there, but he didn't really talk to anyone, before he was set to perform he just exited his bus, and when he was finished, he went right back to the bus and didn't stick around.

Her performance was one of the best I've seen in a long time, she eclipsed Matt Good who was the main show. She's very charismatic. I'm glad I caught her performance at a club and not some place like the civic center.

Anyways, I recommend checking her out, I am not sure what her studio recorded stuff sounds like, but her live performance is something else.</div>